You should consume fruits and vegetables on daily basis as part of your diet in order to maintain your health and prevent diseases or cancer. Regular consumption can definitely help you supply your body with the needed nutrients that will help maintain the healthy weight.
According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, your meals should be made of equal parts of fruits and vegetables, and main dish. You can use certain fruits and vegetables in order to gain different health benefit. Here is a list of the best 20 fruits and vegetables that can be beneficial for your health.
1. Apricots Apricots are great for improving your immune system, and it contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It can treat kidney problems and bowel disorders
2. Avocados This fruit is great for your cardiovascular system and can prevent hypertension. Also it acts as relaxing agent of the blood vessels. On the other hand, it is packed with nutrients that can help you break down accumulated fat in the body. It is great for people with diabetes.
3. Bananas One of the richest fruits with potassium is bananas. It acts as electrolyte for transmitting signals in the nervous system and improves the health of the heart. Also this fruit contains high amount of antioxidants and vitamins that are beneficial for your overall health.
4. Cantaloupe Cantaloupe is really delicious and provides numerous health benefits. You can consume it for treatment of hyperlipidemia and reduce the cholesterol levels in the body. Also it contains beta-carotene which is great for improvement of your vision
5. Cucumber This vegetable is great for improvement of the cognitive function, and reducing the risk of cancer. It contains powerful antioxidants such as fisetin, which can help you prevent development of Alzheimer’s disease.
6. Dates Dates are great for improvement of the liver and the cardiovascular system. Regular use can boost your immune system because it is rich with nutrients and antioxidants.
7. Kale This leafy green is packed with nutrients that can help you treat micronutrient and calorie malnutrition conditions. It contains vitamins, minerals, fiber, probiotics, and carbohydrates.
8. Lemon Lemon is extremely rich with vitamin C which is important for maintaining the immune system at optimal level. Also it can be used as coagulant in order to improve blood circulation.
9. Pineapple This fruit contains vitamin C, magnesium, iron, and calcium. All of these nutrients are important for preparing the body to fight against infections. It contains strong anti-inflammatory properties that can help you repair tissues very fast.
10. Watermelon Watermelon is great antioxidant that can help you treat numerous health issues. Also it contains anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. On the other hand it is packed with nutrients that can help you improve your metabolism, and lower lipid levels.
11. Apple Apples contain phytochemicals that can help you reduce the risks of asthma, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases. Also it is great for reducing the cholesterol levels in the body due to the antioxidant properties it contains.
12. Aloe Vera This remedy is great for managing symptoms caused by diabetes. You will need to apply it topically in order to relieve swelling and itchiness. Also it contains lots of nutrients that can treat numerous diseases.
13. Artichoke You can use this remedy in order to heal your damaged liver. It is great for reducing oxidative stress on the liver tissues. Also it contains strong antioxidants.
14. Blackberries Make sure that you always consume fresh blackberries in order to obtain all the nutrients that this fruit contains. Blackberries are packed with nutrients including tannins, phenolic compounds, and anthocyanin. Also it contains strong antioxidants that can fight heart diseases.
15. Oranges This fruit contains vitamin C which is important for improvement of the immune system. Also it is strong anti-inflammatory agent that can prevent wide variety of cancer. On the other hand it contains strong antibacterial and antiviral properties.
16. Beans Beans contain strong antioxidants properties that can help you relieve fatigue.
17. Beets It is packed with nutrients that can prevent kidney issues. Also beet extract is great for reducing oxidative stress, inflammation, and cell death.
18. Mangoes Mangoes are great for your overall health because it contains vitamin C and powerful antioxidant properties. It acts as anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, and anti-carcinogenic agent
19. Broccoli Regular use of this vegetable can help you boost your immune system and prevent cancer. It is rich with phytochemicals that can fight cancer and prevent influenza, bladder cancer, and other conditions.
20. Cabbage Cabbage is packed with vitamin C which makes it perfect for boosting your immune system. Also due to the nutrients it contains you can use it as fighting agent against cancer.