Beets are curative vegetables with a unique composition. Their nutritional value is maintained, whether eaten raw or cooked. After reading this article, you will be challenged start introducing beets in your diet.
In ancient times, Hippocrates saw and considered beetroot as a medicinal vegetable. Throughout the centuries, beets have been used to treat many diseases and infections and have rapidly been integrated into treatments of blood disorders such as iron deficiency (anemia).
What is the composition of the beet?
Beets contain a lot of iron and this richness in iron distinguishes the beet from all other vegetables. On the second position, we find the garlic.
The beets contain an enormous amount of diode, which makes this food very favorable to balance the hormonal secretions of the thyroid gland.
Beets provide not only essential nutrients to your body but also stimulate the basic metabolism and give the body great antioxidant power to fight free radicals and improve the amount of red blood cells.
Here are the 12 reasons that will make beets your essential daily food
- Beets help prevent dementia due to the high concentration of nitrates that turn into nitrite in the mouth. British research has shown that nitrites open the blood vessels in the body and increase blood flow by providing oxygen supply in the areas and regions in need.
- Beets stimulate the basic metabolism.
- Beets contain betaine which inhibits the growth of cancer cells.
- Beets rejuvenate the body because of the richness of folic acid, which contributes to the production and renewal of cells.
- Beets contain many minerals such as potassium and folic acid in large quantities that help keep the heart healthy; In addition, it also contains magnesium, essential for bone health; Iron and phosphorus are also used to produce energy; Copper, on the other hand, destroys free radicals and iodine is involved in the biosynthesis of thyroid hormones with the help of magnesium.
- Beets contain polyphenols and betalans that reverse the effect of free radical damage and oxidative stress in humans.
- Beets contain various vitamins including B complex, B3 which strengthens the capillary walls.
- Beets contain cobalt which promotes the formation of vitamin B12 (which is synthesized by the intestinal microflora.) Without this vitamin and without folic acid, the formation of red blood cells would be impossible.
- Beets eliminate toxins from the body because of the betaline pigments.
- Beets improve digestion because of their dietary fiber.
- Beets help digest vitamin D in the bodies.
- Beets contain considerably more pectin than carrots or apples. Pectin promotes the excretion and evacuation of radioactive and heavy metals from the body. In addition, it also inhibits the spread of harmful intestinal bacteria and prevents the development of several autoimmune diseases.
As you can see, beets are distinguished by a plethora of medicinal and curative properties that also include the regulation of cholesterol, blood pressure, reinforcement of the capillary vessels, antisclerosis and improved brain function and lipid metabolism.