Let’s be real, the Standard American Diet is based on processed foods including fast foods and GMO foods which are extremely harmful for the health of your body.
These foods contain really unhealthy ingredients which affects your body, but also it misbalances the pH levels. This is very bad for your overall health because our body is supposed to be on the alkaline balance of pH levels. Junk food actually is considered to be acidic food, thus making the pH levels in the organism acidic.
Acidic foods can cause serious health issues and conditions, and directly affects the immune system. Due to these reasons you need to consume alkaline foods, and here is a list of the best 5 alkaline foods:
1. Swiss chard
This is one of the best alkaline foods which contains strong antibacterial and antiviral properties. Due to these properties it can also help you fight free radicals and inflammation.
2. Flax seed
Flax seed is great alkaline food which contains vitamin E and fiber. Also it acts as anti-inflammatory agent and prevents hot flashes in women that are in menopause.
3. Olive oil
This essential oil is packed with monounsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E, thus providing great source of alkaline food that can boost your immune system and improve your overall health
You can consume any kind of melon because they all are alkaline foods. Also it is great for cleaning your colon due to the high fiber it contains.
Buckwheat is great replacement of wheat and can provide great source of energy for the day. Also it is great for preventing heart diseases.
You can also try these alkaline foods:
• Avocado – extremely rich with monounsaturated fats that improve the health of the heart
• Bananas – great alkaline food rich with fiber and vitamins
• Berries – contains high amount of antioxidants thus making it great alkaline food
• Carrots – rich with beta-carotene and helps improve your vision
• Garlic – great for regulating the blood pressure
• Broccoli – regular use can help you lower the cholesterol levels
• Grapes – it contains high amount of multivitamins and antioxidants that help you regulate the blood pressure
• Pineapple – great for losing weight
• Alfalfa sprouts – improves digestion due to the high amount of enzymes it contains
• Lemons – one of the greatest alkalizing food that helps relieve cough, cold, and flu
• Brussels sprouts – fights cancer
• Sauerkraut – rich with probiotics and improves digestion
• Seaweeds – contains iron and helps reduce acids in the body
• Quinoa – regulates the blood sugar levels in the body
• Cucumber – great remedy for hydrating the skin
• Parsley – detoxifies the body and cleans the intestines
• Mango – cleans the colon
• Spinach – packed with vitamins and minerals that improves the overall health
• Oranges – fights cold and flu
• Papaya – contains natural laxatives that clean your colon